Investment in Thailand
Thailand is a country attractive enough for foreign investors and is a major investment base in the ASEAN region. As per official data, within the first 7 months of 2012 the amount of foreign direct investment to Thailand was 332,2 billion Baht, that is 62 % more than for the same period of 2011. Even though Thailand’s investment regulations are quite liberal, there are some restrictions for foreign investments in some segments of economy. Trying to attract foreign investors, the Thai government had cut the corporate income tax from its maximum rate at 30 % in 2011 to 23 % in 2012, and, finally, to 20 % from January 1, 2013.
Thailand has many strong points that make this country very attractive for foreigners to invest in. among them are:
- Thailand’s economy is well diversified with such strong manufacture sectors like automotive, electronics, gems & jewelry, chemicals and agricultural sector.
- The inflation in Thailand is not higher than in the EU & the GDP is growing.
- Thailand is estimated as the 17th easiest country to do business around the globe and Thailand’s economic freedom is ranked as the 10th out of 41 countries in the Asia– Pacific region, and its overall score is higher than the world and regional averages.
- Repatriation of capital, profits, interests and dividends from Thailand is not restricted.
- There are no limits for the amount of foreign currency that may be brought into Thailand.
- The workforce cost is still low even comparing to other South-eastern Asian countries, while the quality of Thai goods and services is considerable.
- Thailand’s infrastructure is one of the most developed in whole Asia.
ABC Asian Business Consulting Co., Ltd. has big experience in foreign investment support in Thailand in both legal and commercial meanings. We can help you to maximize your profit and to make your investment process totally safe.